Thursday, June 24, 2010

6 foot breast cancer ribbon June 24, 2010


There is a series of artistically interpreted 6-foot tall ribbons in our area. I had seen a few earlier but didn't know much about them. I read a article about them this morning in our local paper. There are 16 all the same size and local artist have chosen one each to paint, decorate to how they want to protray breast cancer.I was meeting a friend for lunch across from this one. I took my camera, went early so I could get a picture. As I was taking a picture , a lady came up and wanted to know if I was one of the artists. I told her I was a cancer survivor and I thought this was a great idea. She was the artist of this ribbon. I enjoyed my talk with her and a man came up with a big camera(I had my little one) He was from our local TV and he was there to do a story. I started to leave since it was almost time for my lunch.
The TV guy asked if I could stay a few more minutes. He would like to interview me and get some pictures. I was almost a celebrity! But it wasn't on the early news, maybe it will be when nothing is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment