Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 27, 2010 Easter

We had Easter 1 week early since Kindra had to be back in school at Monterey next week. Joey had to work. So hard to get everyone together at the same time when they get older. Robin, Kris and Marisa had to work today so we didn't get to eat until 7:00
Baby ducks make me think of Easter or they did before I got this picture which isn't very good. Mother duck thought our pool would be a good place for her babies to learn to swim. I thought differently. I finally got all 8 out, took them to the back fence, warned the mother about bringing them back. Within 5 minutes, all 8 were back in the pool. Now, they knew about water and they were stronger. It took me forever to get them out. Yes, they came back again and it even took me longer. In the meantime the hawks were circling. Old mom duck was too smart. They all hunkered down in the ivy next to the fence and the hawk couldn't get to them. The hawks have already started sitting in their nest this year and I have had to shoo Mom and Duck out of the pool couple of times. I wish I could find their nest.
Happy Easter to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment