Friday, July 30, 2010

Temptations July 30, 2010

I worked the desert table. After trying several cookies, I started to lose interest. Thank Goodness! This was a concert that we had at our church with Carrie Newcomer. She was good! She had a great voice! She wrote her own songs and from being from the mid west (small towns) I could relate. She wrote about so many things that I could relate to.
Her Monroe county fair, I could relate to. I had some other memories than she didn't mention. When we went to the fair, it was always after a day of picking cotton. We had picked enough cotton where we could buy some new clothes. I had new blue jeans, turned up once at the legs, and white buck shoes. I did feel good. We usually went to the Greene County Faire. I remember the lights of the carnival rides. I don't think that I got to ride any but it was still fun , just being there. Then I got to go to the Memphis faire with school. That was fun! We took the school bus there, lots of my friends there. We stayed all day. For some reason, this song always comes to my mind "Cookie, Lend me your comb" Of course coming home, we had to sing "99 bottles of beer on the wall" doesn't that seem odd coming from a dry county?
Hope your day of Avon is a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment