Tuesday, August 17, 2010

onion August 17, 2010

One of the onions from the garden. I thought it was artistic. I often see things and enjoy things that other people don't.
This has been a very interesting day. The phone rang before 7:00 this morning. I got to bed late as usual and I was still asleep even though I am usually up by 7:00. It was Ellene. I think I told you that I wrote to her and Janet and asked for scans of pictures and more information. Ellene called to talk and give me all her information. I told her that I needed to be somewhere in a hour but I had 10-15 minutes and perhaps we could do this in several short talks or better yet, just write it out and send it all to me at once. She said her arthritis was so bad, she couldn't write any more. When I wrote to her, I wrote on one of the cards that I got in Utah by Robert Duncan. She loved the card that I sent her of the little girl with the fish. I said "fish?" Norma must have sent that. After talking for awhile it dawned on me, the little girl with the cows. That was my main memory of the card but then it dawned on me, yes I did remember the fish and fishing pole. She loved it and wanted to get those cards. I told her who the artist was and I got them in Utah. I didn't think that I had seen them out here but I would look on the internet. She said the I could probably find out more about the Vaughn family from Amy Vaughn. Amy is Janet's age and married to Gerald Vaughn. I just got through looking up Gerald Vaughn on Google and I found him. He died on August 3, 2 weeks ago at the Senath nursing home. I am glad that I didn't call. They couldn't scann any pictures because they got rid of everything at the house in Cardwell. I said "not the pictures!" She said one of the Lester's took the box of pictures out of the dresser and has them there. I don't know if we will ever see them.
This afternoon Janet called me and she had this old book that was about to come apart. She wanted my email address. She was going to scan some of it and I sent you what she sent me so far. She said there are some other things in a box, she would try to get to it later.
I know you are having a good week and learning lots of things. Are you celebrating Traci's birthday this week?
This is a long blog. I was going to stop at 11:00 and watch the news. I will probably sleep better without seeing the news.
Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment